- 1976-1985 Instructor and Head of the Elat Field School, the Society for the Protection of Nature.
- BSc 1985, the Department of Geology, the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
- MSc 1990, supervised by Hagai Ron, Alan Matthews, Michael Beyth, and Oded Navon at the Department of Geology, Hebrew U.
- PhD 1997, supervised by Amotz Agnon and Hagai Ron at the Department of Geology, Hebrew U.
- 1994-2000 researcher at the Geological Survey of Israel,
- Since 2000 at Tel Aviv University, the Department of Geophysics.
- 2013-2016 Head of the department.
- Since 2016 Head of the Porter School of the Environment and Earth Sciences.
1989 The HUJI Institute of Earth Sciences Teddy Dicker Award.
1991 The Geological Society of Israel Peretz Grader Award.
2007 The Geological Society of Israel Raffi Freund Award.
2017 TAU Rector's Teaching Excellence Award.