|הנדסת נוגדנים (0453.3388) |
|Antibodies are the leading class of biopharmaceuticals (also known as Biologics) with annual sales of >50 billion dollars in 2015. The Antibody Engineering course is intended to expose the students to the history of about 40 years of the Antibody engineering profession, the key discoveries that shaped it to what it is today. Many of the principles we cover are relevant to biotechnology and in particular, to drug-discovery and development in general.|
During the 13 lectures, 2 hours each, the following topics will be discussed.
1) Introduction to Antibody Engineering. The entire field at a glance.
2) The generation of diversity and the tools for studying antibody repertoires.
3) Antibody structure, the immunoglobulin fold and the structure-function correlates of antibodies.
4) Bioinformatic tools and databases for studying antibodies.
5) Cloning antibody genes and expression of antibodies in bacteria.
6) Antibody humanization and de-immunization.
7) Stabilization of antibodies.
8) Isolating human antibodies from transgenic animals.
9) Antibody discovery by display technologies.
10) Armed antibodies; antibody-drug conjugates, immunotoxins, Radio-immuno-conjugates.
The final grade is based on a multiple-choice exam (3 hours) containing 40 questions. Written materials are allowed in the exam but not any electronic devices.
|דרישות קדם: אימונולוגיה כללית.|
|מטלת סיום: בחינה בכתב|