Post-doctoral research associate |
NYU Tandon School of Engineering
Fulbright visiting scholar |
NYU Stern School of Business
Zalmanson **AT** nyu.edu
Google Scholar with full paper list can be found here
Lior Zalmanson is a writer, lecturer, and researcher, interested mainly in digital culture and the information society. His research interests include social media, pricing of information products, consumer engagement, and user generated content. His research has won awards and grants from Fulbright Foundation, Dan David Prize, Google, MSI and more. Lior teaches various courses throughout Israel on information and knowledge management, as well as on digital culture and new media. Lior has written on digital and online behavior for Wired UK, MIT Sloan Review, and Alaxon. Lior is also the founder of the Print Screen festival, Israel's digital culture festival, which explores themes of digital culture in cinema and audio-visual arts. Furthermore, he is a grant and award-winning playwright and screenwriter.
Aviv University, School of Business Administration
Aviv University, School of Business Administration
University, School of Computer Science
· Zalmanson, L. and Oestreicher-Singer, G. 2016. “Turning Content Viewers into Subscribers”. MIT Sloan Management Review, 57 (3), pp. 11-13.
· Oestreicher‐Singer, G. and Zalmanson, L., 2013. Content or Community? A Digital Business Strategy for Content Providers in the Social Age. (MIS Quarterly, pp.565‐590).
· Tzur, Naama., Zalmanson, L., and Oestreicher-Singer, G. 2016 “The Dark Side of Participation – The Effect of Call to Actions on Users’ Trust and Information Disclosure”. International Conference on Information Systems 2016 (Acceptance Rate: not published yet).
· Zalmanson, L. and Oestreicher-Singer, G. 2015 “'Your Action is Needed': The Effect of Website-Initiated Participation on User Contributions to Content Websites”. International Conference on Information Systems 2015 (Acceptance Rate: Higher 20%, exact figure was not published).
· Zalmanson, L., and Oestreicher-Singer, G. 2014 "Increasing Willingness to pay through Encouraging Social Participation – A Web Experiment". ECIS 2014. (Acceptence Rate: Lower 30%, Exact figure was not published)
· Oestreicher-Singer, G., and Zalmanson, L.2011 "Will Social Users Pay Premium?". CIST 2011.
· Oestreicher-Singer, G., and Zalmanson, L. 2010 "Who Pays 'Premium' in the Age of Free Services: Findings from a Media Website". MCIS 2010. Paper 65.
· Oestreicher-Singer, G., and Zalmanson, L. 2009. "Paying for Content or Paying for Community?" The Effect of Social Involvement on Subscribing to Media Web Sites".ICIS 2009 Proceedings. Paper 9. (Acceptence Rate: 27.17%)
SELECTED PRESENTATIONS AT TOP CONFERENCES
· Zalmanson, L., and Oestreicher-Singer, G. 2014 " The Effect of Website-Initiated Participation on Users' On-Site Behavior and Spending ". WISE (Workshop on Information Systems and Economics) 2014.
· Zalmanson, L., and Oestreicher-Singer, G. 2014 "The Effect of Website-Initiated Participation on Users' On-Site Behavior and Spending". CODE@MIT 2014.
· Oestreicher-Singer, G., and Zalmanson, L.2009. "Paying for Content or Paying for the Community? The Effect of Social Involvement on Subscribing to Media Web Sites". The Workshop on Information in Networks (WIN).
· Oestreicher-Singer, G., and Zalmanson, L. 2009."Paying for Content or Paying for the Community? The Effect of Social Involvement on Subscribing to Media Web Sites". INFORMS Marketing Science Conference.
ACADEMIC HONORS AND AWARDS
· Fulbright Post Doctorate Fellowship (2015-2016)
· Dan David Prize Scholarship (2015)
· Social Informatics Best Student Paper Award (2014)
· Winner of MSI research competition, “Social Interactions and Social Media Marketing” (2014)
· ICIS 2013 Doctoral Consortium Member (2013) (Acceptence Rate: 44%)
· Borovich Family Memorial Scholarship (2013)
· ROI Young Leadership fellowship grants (2013-?)
· Google Inter-university center for Electronic Markets and Auctions Grant (2011-2012)
· Recanati School of Business Fellowship (2011-2012)
· The Rothschild-Caesarea
Communication Research Grant (2008)
TEACHING EXPERIENCE (Partial List)
· Lecturer –
"Information Management in Organizations" – Information Systems Core Course - Taught over 15 groups (2011-2014) – Received three appraisals for excellence in teaching.
"Knowledge Management" – including reorganization of an elective Tel Aviv University MBA Course (2013-2014)
· Teacher Assistant –
"Information Management in Organizations", "Knowledge Management" (2010-2011)
· Content Coordinator, European Conference on Information Systems, Tel Aviv (2014).
· M.Sc student advisor – advising three M.Sc final papers on Information Systems.
· Reviewer, Journals: Information Systems Research, MIS Quarterly. Reviewer for conferences: ICIS, WWW, ECIS, MCIS.
· Academic Coordinator, The Institute of Internet Research, Tel Aviv University (2010-2011)
INVITED PRESENTATIONS (Partial List)
· ASIS&T, Seattle (2014)
· Wikipedia Academy Conference (2014)
· Open University,
· Indiana University, School of Information
Sciences (November 2011)
· Social Content and The Ladder of Participation (2014, with Gal Oestreicher-Singer)
· Teaching Knowledge Management through Community Management (2014)
© Lior Zalmanson 2016