Measurability and continuity
2012/2013, sem. 1
- Prof. Boris Tsirelson
(School of Mathematical Sciences).
- Be acquainted with such things as the Hilbert space
L2 of square integrable functions on a
measure space. Everything else will be
explained from scratch. However, some maturity in analysis is
needed. (Maturity in probability is not needed.)
- Grading policy
- Written homework and oral exam.
- Basic notions and constructions.
- Probability, random elements, random
- Topology as a powerful helper.
- From random Borel functions to random
- Random connected components.
- Borel sets in the light of analytic sets.
- Equivalence relations and measurability.
Relevant articles in Encyclopedia of Mathematics wiki: