Sports and Recreation
Elite Sports Center on Campus
Sports facilities include three swimming pools (two heated), weight rooms, aerobics classes, group sports, etc.
In order to use the sports facilities at a discounted price, you need to bring the Sports Center a letter from your host department requesting the reduction. The Center will process your application and issue you a membership card. Multi-visit passes are also available. Tel. 6408909.
Public Sports Facilities
Park Hayarkon (http://www.tel-aviv-insider.com/park-hayarkon.php), Tel Aviv’s largest public park, is within walking distance of the university. Features include extensive picnicking areas, gardens, a man-made lake, a bicycle path along the Yarkon River, boats for hire, a small children’s zoo, and more.
To reach the park, head to the University Railway Station on the campus’s southeastern side. Cross Rokach Boulevard, turn left, and enter the grounds beyond the parking lot. In the park or close-by you will find the following:
- Sportek, the Park Hayarkon sports center, tel. 6422828, 6990307.
- Meimadion Water Park in Park Hayarkon (summer only), tel. 6422777.
- Tsapari Park in Park Hayarkon – Houses several species of exotic birds in a beautiful tropical garden setting, tel. 6422888.
- Minigolf, 56 Rokach Boulevard at the corner of Haifa Road, Ramat Aviv, tel. 6990229.
- Bowling Tel Aviv, 124 Ibn Gvirol St., Floor -3, Tel Aviv, tel. 5231222, 5237004/5.
- The Safari Park – Spacious safari park with zoo and petting corner, Ramat Gan,
- Israel Tennis Center, Ramat Hasharon, tel. 6456666.
Tel Aviv has excellent public beaches with changing rooms, restrooms and cafes right on the sand. Beach chairs and parasols are available for a small fee. You can reach the beaches by taking Dan bus #13, 24 or 25 to the stop at Kikar Masarik/Frishman St. Turn left on Frishman St. and follow it down to the sea.