Prof. Emanuel Peled
School of Chemistry, Tel Aviv University, 69978 Tel Aviv, Israel
Topics of Research:
Electrochemistry of Lithium Batteries and Fuel Cells
- Intercalation process of lithium in carbon and graphite in liquid
nonaquous solutions and polymer electrolytes.
- Preparation and characterization of high capacity carbons to be used
as an anode in Lithium-Ion batteries.
- Modification and characterization of graphite for advanced anode
in Lithium-Ion batteries.
- Study of mass and charge transport in composite polymer electrolytes.
- Development of high energy density bipolar Li/composite polymer
electrolyte/FeS2 battery for electric vehicle applications.
- Study of polymer electrolyte membrane (PEM) fuel cells.
- Development and characterization of proton conducting membranes.
- Characterization of batteries and fuel cells materials with the use of:
BET, SS-NMR, XRD, SAX, SEM, EDS, XPS, DSC, TGA
- Development and characterization of high capacity nano particles lithium
alloy for anodes in lithium ion batteriesies
- Study of direct methanol fuel cell (DMFC)
- Study of of new fuels for direct oxidation fuel cells (DOFC)
Chapters in Books
- E. Peled
Lithium Stability and Film Formation in Organic and Inorganic Electrolytes for
Lithium Battery Systems.
In "Lithium Batteries", ed. J.P. Gabano, Academic Press, 1983.
- E. Peled, D. Golodnitsky, J. Penciner
Anode/Electrolyte Interface, in: Handbook of Battery Materials,
Besenhed, Ed., VCH, Germany, submitted.
Participation in Organization of Scientific Meetings:
- 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th International Meeting on Lithium Batteries.
Prizes and Fellowships:
- 1986 Landeau Research Award of Mif'al Hapayis, Tel Aviv, Israel.
- 1993 Research Award of the Battery Division, The Electrochemical Society.
- Dr. G. Halpert, JPL CALTECH, California, U.S.A.
On Solid Electrolytes and Lithium Batteries.
- Prof. S. Greenbaum, Hunter College.
On SS-NMR of battery materials.
- JPL CALTECH, California, U.S.A.
See List of Publications
home page of the School of Chemistry, TAU