School of Chemistry, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv 69978, Israel
Special emphasis is given to collaborations with the international analytical instrument industry.
Current topics of research include:
1. Gas Chromatography Mass Spectrometry (GC-MS) with Supersonic Molecular Beams - The quest for ultimate performance GC-MS. (Supersonic GC-MS)
2. Liquid Chromatography Mass Spectrometry (LC-MS) with Supersonic Molecular Beams - Improved electron ionization LC-MS for the provision of library searchable mass spectra for a broad range of compounds. (Supersonic LC-MS)
3. Isotope Abundance Analysis for Improved Sample identification with the Supersonic GC-MS and LC-EI-MS
4. Pulsed Flow Modulation GCxGC and GCxGC-MS with Supersonic Molecular Beams - Lowest cost easy to use GCxGC modulation technology for improved GC separation and Supersonic GCxGC-MS.
5. LCxGC and LCxGC-MS with Supersonic Molecular Beams - A new project aimed the development of a unique, comprehensive, fast LCxGC and LCxGC-MS with SMB.
6. Pulsed Flame Photometric Detector (PFPD) for gas chromatography. Over 2000 units are in world wide use. The best FPD and much more.
7. Fast GC-PFPD system for Field Analysis of Chemical Warfare Agents. Ultra trace level CWA analysis without false alarms combined with agent identification at the molecular level.
8. Electrolyzer powered Flame Ionization Detector (EFID) - The gas cylinder free FID. Saves GC purchase and maintenance cost more than the price of GC in its lifetime, combined with improved safety, sensitivity, GC transportability and ease of use, and all the above with zero added cost.
9. Human Breath Analyzer for Medical Diagnostics (with the "GasFree" GC-FID)
10. ChromatoProbe and SnifProbe sample introduction devices and methods for MS probe sampling, extract-free GC and GC-MS analysis and airborne vapor sampling. Both manual and automated versions are in worldwide service.
Go to Home page of the School of Chemistry, TAU